[nova][ops] 'Duplicate entry for primary key' problem running nova-manage db archive_deleted_rows

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Wed May 8 15:34:26 UTC 2019

On 5/8/2019 10:04 AM, Massimo Sgaravatto wrote:
> The problem is not for that single entry
> Looks like the auto_increment for that table was reset (I  don't know
> when-how)

Just purge your shadow tables. As Surya noted, there is a purge CLI in
nova-manage on newer releases now which would do the same thing. You can
either backport that, or simply run it in a container or virtualenv, or
just do it manually. If you're paranoid, purge the entries that were
created before ocata.

Matt