[Neutron] Can I create VM on flat network which doesnt have any subnet attached to it.

Akki yadav yadav.akshay58 at gmail.com
Fri May 3 11:01:36 UTC 2019

Hello Team,

Hope you all are doing good. I wanted to know that can I launch a VM on a
flat network directly which doesn't have any subnet attached to it.

Steps to be followed:
Create a flat Network without a subnet
Attach the network to create a VM.

Aim :- Spawn 2 VM's on network without any subnet, without any IP assigned
to them. Then statically allocate same subnet IP to them and ping each
other.

Issue:- VM creation is getting failed stating that there is no subnet found.

How can we resolve this?

Thanks & Regards
Akshay