[cinder] Help with a review please

Gorka Eguileor geguileo at redhat.com
Wed May 8 10:01:56 UTC 2019

On 08/05, Sam Morrison wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I’ve had a review going on for over 8 months now [1] and would love to get this in, it’s had +2s over the period and keeps getting nit picked, finally being knocked back due to no spec which there now is [2]
> This is now stalled itself after having a +2 and it is very depressing.
>
> I have had generally positive experiences contributing to openstack but this has been a real pain, is there something I can do to make this go smoother?
>
> Thanks,
> Sam

Hi Sam,

I agree, it can be very frustrating when your patch gets somehow stuck
in review, and while the spec and the patch looks good to me, I cannot
say that I see much point in the feature itself.

If the primary reason to add this new key-value pair in the API response
is for aggregation, then the caller could do that same thing with an
additional call to get the service list, where it could get the AZs of
the different backends and then do the aggregation.

To me that would be reasonable, since the AZ is not really a usage stat.

Are there any other use cases?

Cheers,
Gorka.