[ops][nova]Logging in nova and other openstack projects

Bogdan Dobrelya bdobreli at redhat.com
Wed May 8 08:47:34 UTC 2019

On 07.05.2019 23:31, Jean-Philippe Méthot wrote:
> Indeed, this is what was written in your original response as well as in
> the documentation. As a result, it was fairly difficult to miss and I
> did comment it out before restarting the service. Additionally, as per

There is also a deprecated (but still working) log_config [0]. So please
double-check you don't have that configuration leftover. Another caveat
might be that SIGHUP does not propagate to all of the child
processes/threads/whatever to update its logging configs with the new
default_log_levels and removed log_config(_append) ones... But you said
you are restarting not reloading, so prolly can't be a problem here.

[0]
https://opendev.org/openstack/oslo.log/src/branch/master/oslo_log/_options.py#L47

--
Best regards,