[cinder][ops] Nested Quota Driver Use?

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Tue May 7 14:20:47 UTC 2019

On Fri, May 03, 2019 at 06:58:41PM +0000, Tim Bell wrote:
> We're interested in the overall functionality but I think unified limits is the place to invest and thus would not have any problem deprecating this driver.
>
> We'd really welcome this being implemented across all the projects in a consistent way. The sort of functionality proposed in https://techblog.web.cern.ch/techblog/post/nested-quota-models/  would need Nova/Cinder/Manila at miniumum for CERN to switch.
>
> So, no objections to deprecation  but strong support to converge on unified limits.
>
> Tim

Thanks Tim, that helps.

Since there wasn't any other feedback, and no one jumping up to say they are
using it today, I have submitted https://review.opendev.org/657511 to
deprecated the current quota driver so we don't have to try to refactor that
functionality into whatever we need to do for the unified limits support.

If anyone has any concerns about this plan, please feel free to raise them here
or on that review.

Thanks!
Sean