[placement][nova][ptg] Summary: Nested Magic With Placement

Balázs Gibizer balazs.gibizer at ericsson.com
Tue May 7 12:05:40 UTC 2019

On Fri, May 3, 2019 at 8:22 PM, Chris Dent <cdent+os at anticdent.org>
wrote:

> * A 'mappings' key will be added to the 'allocations' object in the
>   allocation_candidates response that will support request group
>   mapping.

I refreshed the spec in the following way:
1) updated the spec in the nova-spec repo to capture the agreement [1]
2) copied the spec from the nova-spec repo to the placement repo [2]
3) uploaded the both spec updates [1][2]
4) abandoned the nova-spec [1] by pointing to the placement spec
5) marked the nova bp [3] in launchpad as superseded pointing to the
placement story [4].

[1] https://review.opendev.org/#/c/597601/
[2] https://review.opendev.org/#/c/657582/
[3]
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/placement-resource-provider-request-group-mapping-in-allocation-candidates
[4] https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2005575

Please note that I removed myself as 'Primary assignee' in the spec as
this work has low prio in Train from my side so it is free for anybody
to take over. I will try to help at least with the review.

Cheers,
gibi