[nova][ptg] Summary: Implicit trait-based filters

Eric Fried openstack at fried.cc
Mon May 6 18:44:15 UTC 2019

Addendum:
There's another implicit trait-based filter that bears mentioning:
Excluding disabled compute hosts.

We have code that disables a compute service when "something goes wrong"
in various ways. This code should decorate the compute node's resource
provider with a COMPUTE_SERVICE_DISABLED trait, and every GET
/allocation_candidates request should include
?required=!COMPUTE_SERVICE_DISABLED, so that we don't retrieve
allocation candidates for disabled hosts.

mriedem has started to prototype the code for this [1].

Action: Spec to be written. Code to be polished up. Possibly aspiers to
be involved in this bit as well.

efried

[1] https://review.opendev.org/#/c/654596/