[Desginate][Infoblox] Using infoblox as a backend to designate

Zavala, Miguel MZavala at StateStreet.com
Thu May 2 22:59:07 UTC 2019

Hi all,

Ive been trying to get Infoblox integrated with designate and I am running into some issues. Currently I can go to horizon, and create a zone there that then shows in infoblox, but when checking the logs I get :: Could not find 1556226600 for openstack.example. on enough nameservers.:: I saw the documentation listed here ,https://docs.openstack.org/designate/queens/admin/backends/infoblox.html, says that I have to set the designate mini-dns server as my external primary. Do I have to have a mini-dns running in order for
designate to operate correctly? Im asking because designate has a database so it does not require synchronization like bind 9 does. I currently have a mini-dns setup on my controller node if I do need it. Thank you for reading!

Regards,

Miguel