[sig][upgrades] job done

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Thu May 2 22:03:36 UTC 2019

James Page wrote:
> After this mornings PTG session, I'm pleased to propose that we formally
> end the Upgrades SIG.
>
> That’s a “pleased” because we feel that our job as a SIG is done!
>
> Upgrades in OpenStack are no longer a "special interest"; they are now
> an integral part of the philosophy of projects within the OpenStack
> ecosystem and although there are probably still some rough edges, we
> don’t think we need a SIG to drive this area forward any longer.
>
> So thanks for all of the war stories, best practice discussion and
> general upgrade related conversation over the Forums, PTG’s and Summits
> over the last few years - it's been fun!

That makes a lot of sense. Upgrades are (1) in a much better shape than
a couple of years ago, and (2) are now a general concern with work
happening on every team (as the upgrade-checks goal in Stein showed), so
a SIG is a bit redundant.

Thanks James for your help driving this !

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)