[nova] instance breaks the affinity/anti-affinity of server group with force_hosts or force_nodes

Boxiang Zhu bxzhu_5355 at 163.com
Fri Mar 29 03:07:54 UTC 2019

Hi Matt,

Wow, It is wonderful. And it's my first time to use the JsonFilter.

At your suggestion and reading the doc[1], add the JsonFilter to the `filter_scheduler` for `nova.conf`.
Then I used the command like "openstack server create <name> ... --hint query='["=","$host","openstack-node-1"]'.

Great, nova evaluates all the scheduler filters and when it uses the JsonFilter, it only matches the specified host
in query and removes others. :P

BTW, as you mentioned at the early email, the az:host:node format is an admin API.
Maybe we can add a micro version for booting API to evaluate the filters even with
forced_host/forced_node. I have post a draft spec to the nova-spec[2]. If anyone is
convenient, welcome to review and give some comments. : )

[1] https://docs.openstack.org/nova/latest/user/filter-scheduler.html
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/645458/

Best Regards
Boxiang