[loci] Best way to clone from private repo

Jake Yip jake.yip at ardc.edu.au
Thu Mar 28 21:57:07 UTC 2019

Hi all,

We are currently looking at using LOCI to build images. One of the first
stumbling blocks that I've faced is that our code is in a private git
repo, and by default LOCI was written to clone from public repos.

 From what I can see so far there are a few ways to solve this problem:

1) Have our code checked out on the builder host into a dir in
loci/data. This is the way addressed by patch [1]. This works for us.

2) Update loci scripts to allow `git clone` from a ssh repo. This is
partly addressed by another patch [2]. There are still work to be done
to add and remove ssh private and host keys into the image.

3) Use a multi-stage build [3]. I think this is cleanest and most
exensible, but much more effort.

I would love to get some pointers from people working on LOCI what they
are using right now. Direction from LOCI core devs on how they would
like to solve this problem will be much appreciated.

Regards,
Jake

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/643673/
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/643296/