[nova] "future" specs and blueprints

Sylvain Bauza sylvain.bauza at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 08:20:42 UTC 2019

Le mer. 27 mars 2019 à 22:14, Eric Fried <openstack at fried.cc> a écrit :

> > Isn't this what the backlog directory[0] is for?
> >
> > [0]
> http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/nova-specs/tree/specs/backlog/approved
>
> Mm, thanks Jim.
>
> That appears to have been used for four months in 2015 (mitaka-ish?)
>
> New proposal: How do folks feel about using the `backlog` directory
> again? Presumably starting with scrubbing the four specs that are in it.

Well, we never said 'nope' to any proposal about providing a 'backlog"
spec. It's just that maybe this directory wasn't known by more than the
main contributors. If you want to communicate more for it, sure, maybe we
should at least say it in
https://docs.openstack.org/nova/latest/contributor/process.html

FWIW, contributors can still still what a backlog spec is by
http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/nova-specs/specs/backlog/index.html

-Sylvain

-efried