[i18n][infra] Fwd: [OpenStack-I18n] Questions about Stein Dashboard UI translations

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 00:37:18 UTC 2019

Hi,

I am forwarding this to openstack-discuss mailing list.

> 1. Is stable-stein version going to be created soon in Zanata? I noticed
that the projects in github already have the new branch.

Does anyone with Zanata (translation.o.o) admin privileges help creating
stable-stein branch in Zanata?
IIUC, stable-stein branch in Zanata need to be created manually and it
requires Zanata admin privileges.
It usually happened around RC1 cut (i.e., stable/xxx cut) in past releases,
but it has not happened yet so far.

This is important from the perspective of horizon and plugin release
process.
RC2 deadline is approaching fast. If there is no stable-stein branch in
Zanata,
no translation update won't be included in Stein release.

To include translation update, manual translation backports are required in
horizon and all horizon plugins
but I am afraid it is not practical as translation backports require some
deep knowledge on i18n tooling.

Akihiro Motoki (amotoki)