[ops] Any experience with DELL M640 and BCM57840 network card ?

Massimo Sgaravatto massimo.sgaravatto at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 05:35:10 UTC 2019

No, we are not using Kolla. We use the CentOS rpms to deploy

We contacted DELL support for this problem. Since iperf works without
problems, they suggest there is something 'wrong' (or at least incompatible
with that hw) in the used software (i.e OpenStack and/or related
dependencies).

As I said disabling tx-checksum-ipv4 I don't see anymore the problem, but
the DELL support guy claims that this is not safe because checksumming is
not done.

I thought that disabling  tx-checksum-ipv4  simply means that the checksum
is done in software instead of hardware (so just a matter of performance),
Am I wrong ?

Thanks, Massimo