[ops] Any experience with DELL M640 and BCM57840 network card ?

Massimo Sgaravatto massimo.sgaravatto at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 17:26:27 UTC 2019

Hi

Did someone try using DELL M640 with BCM57840 network card as compute nodes
?

I am asking because we are adding a new compute node with such hw
configuration to our OpenStack Ocata installation (with CentOS 7.6).

Each tiime we create a VM on this compute node, the compute node crashes
(bnx2x_panic_dump).
Not clear which specific event triggers the problem.

It doesn't seem a hw problem (e.g. iperf works without problems).

We are using the same network card, but on different servers (e.g. on some
M630 systems).

If we disable the tx-checksum-ipv4 on the data network interface (i.e.
"ethtool -K em3 tx-checksum-ipv4 off") we don't see anymore the problem.

Thanks, Massimo