[dev][keystone] Keystone Team Update - Week of 18 March 2019

Colleen Murphy colleen at gazlene.net
Sat Mar 23 11:20:01 UTC 2019

# Keystone Team Update - Week of 18 March 2019

## News

### Release Candidates

We released our Stein RC1 this week[1]! Please test it and report any issues ASAP. We've concluded that we'll be going for an RC2. I've tagged bugs that are either fairly critical or close to done for RC2[2]. We're also tracking patches we want to have merged for RC2[3]. We can submit a new release candidate proposal either when those are closed and merged or in time for the final release deadline[4], whichever comes first. There is also now a stable/stein branch, so please remember that all changes that are intended for RC2 need to be backported to stable/stein.

[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2019-March/004093.html
[2] https://launchpad.net/keystone/+milestone/stein-rc2
[3] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/keystone-stein-rc2-tracking
[4] https://releases.openstack.org/stein/schedule.html#s-finalrc

## Recently Merged Changes

Search query: https://bit.ly/2pquOwT

We merged 35 changes this week, including some important Python3 fixes, some system scope updates and several Rocky backports.

## Changes that need Attention

Search query: https://bit.ly/2tymTje

There are 47 changes that are passing CI, not in merge conflict, have no negative reviews and aren't proposed by bots. Please give particular attention to the reviews that are fixing RC bugs or implementing system scope/default roles functionality.

## Bugs

This week we opened 1 new bugs and closed 4.

Bugs opened (1)
Bug #1820367 (keystone:Undecided) opened by srinig81 https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1820367

Bugs closed (1)
Bug #1820367 (keystone:Undecided) https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1820367

Bugs fixed (3)
Bug #1750660 (keystone:High) fixed by Lance Bragstad https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1750660
Bug #1819036 (keystone:High) fixed by Lance Bragstad https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1819036
Bug #1820333 (keystone:High) fixed by Corey Bryant https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1820333

## Milestone Outlook

https://releases.openstack.org/stein/schedule.html

The final RC is due in two weeks and the Stein release will follow that.

## Help with this newsletter

Help contribute to this newsletter by editing the etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/keystone-team-newsletter