[infra][dev] Options for upcoming git:// to https:// transition

Joshua Hesketh joshua.hesketh at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 01:49:10 UTC 2019

On Fri, Mar 22, 2019 at 10:39 AM Ian Wienand <iwienand at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 14, 2019 at 09:45:50PM +1100, Ian Wienand wrote:
> > In moving repos to OpenDev and a gitea instance [1] we will need to
> > change any git://git.openstack.org references to https://, as gitea
> > does not currently support the native git protocol.
>

> > 1. Propose changes now
> > ----------------------
> >
> > We can propose all these changes to the gate now (slowly, but
> > ultimately in one hit) and let teams review and merge them.
>
> In the last infra meeting [1] we decided to take this approach.  You
> can expect to see reviews for this shortly, and merging them is
> appreciated.

Just wondering if thought was given to doing #1 with also renaming to
opendev? Granted we'd have to make sure opendev was ready for it, but since
the reviews will be happening manually (at least for a few weeks) it might
be a good opportunity to help automate it while checking it's correct.

Cheers,
Josh