[nova][os-vif] proposing jan gutter as os-vif core.

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 13:57:42 UTC 2019

On 3/19/2019 7:31 AM, Sean Mooney wrote:
> As the subject say i would like to propose jan to join the os-vif core team.
>
> Over the last cycle or two jan has become more involved in the development and
> maintenance of os-vif. given his work on hardware offloads, converting vrouter to use
> an os-vif plugin for port operations and contributions to fixing up our docs and ovo
> version handling i think he has demonstrated a sufficient understanding of os-vif
> internal structure and nova integration.
>
> can i get some ± 1's
>
> if there are no objections ill add jan to the core group in a week or so once people
> have had time to respond to this mail.

I don't review much os-vif code but I know enough to know Jan has a
solid grasp on how it works and the upgrade implications of working with
it, which is evident from his work this cycle on [1].

So yeah, +1 from me FWIW.

[1]
https://specs.openstack.org/openstack/nova-specs/specs/stein/approved/generic-os-vif-offloads.html

Matt