[tc] weekly update

Mohammed Naser mnaser at vexxhost.com
Tue Mar 19 04:49:51 UTC 2019

Hi everyone!

Thanks fo reading this, if you are :)

This is a weekly email update on the current state of the TC.  Over
the last week, there hasn't been much activity over the governance
repository other than a change we merged today to declare the Train
supported runtimes for Python and Golang, this has officially been
published here:

https://governance.openstack.org/tc/reference/runtimes/train.html

There was a few emails that were sent out by Zane with regards on how
we're going to go about this, the versions we're going to use for
testing, etc.  Ghanshyam also worked alongside the infrastructure team
to get our CI jobs to move to bionic to help with the Python 3 bits as
well:

http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2019-March/003610.html
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2019-March/003584.html

Other than that, we've started working a document to provide feedback
for the board regarding the upcoming confirmation of OIPs, the effort
in setting up the etherpads and reaching out was started by Jeremy:

http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2019-March/003938.html

We also have a few on-going discussions with the introduction of
OpenDev, however those are still very early discussions.  Jim is the
point of contact of the OpenStack community within the transition
process so he's provided some questions to be answered from our
community:

http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2019-March/003943.html

The process to get grab our goals is also about to wrap up, we have an
upcoming few office hours and we're trying to pick the best one to
find to discuss the upcoming cycle goals, please join if you're
interested!

http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2019-March/003932.html

We've got our space at the PTG setup for us for all Saturday thanks to
the foundation, we're getting the Etherpads slowly up and going and I
think it would be great to solicit subjects for discussion in the PTG
that involve the community as well:

http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2019-March/003916.html

With the summit comes a joint leadership meeting, we are looking for
subjects to bring up to the board, so please chime in there if that
interests you:

http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2019-March/003810.html

Finally, I hope you forgive my long email.  I'm trying different
formats to make it more digestable and/or consumable and/or
interesting.  If you have feedback on those emails, positive or
negative, please send them out (feel free to do that personally) so
that we can make those updates more meaningful to our community.

Thanks,
Mohammed