[telemetry][ptl][volunteer][tc] Telemetry PTL for Train

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Mon Mar 18 14:59:04 UTC 2019

On Sun, Mar 17 2019, Trinh Nguyen wrote:

Hi Trinh,

> Because no one want to nominate for the PTL in Train [1], Telemetry has
> been marked as a leaderless project and may be removed of OpenStack. We and
> some companies are still using Ceilometer, AODH (parts of Telemetry) so we
> don't want that happen.
>
> Lingxian Kong (Trove and Qinling PTL), I (cc Julien Danjou, the current PTL
> of Telemetry) had a conversation about this and agree to work together to
> maintain the Telemetry projects. So I'm writing this email stating that I
> would like to volunteer to be the PTL for Telemetry in Train.
>
> Though I haven't been directly involved in the development of Telemetry
> ever, my experience as Searchlight PTL and core in Fenix and Freezer give
> me some technical understanding of Telemetry as well as OpenStack
> development procedure. You're in the good hands.

I'm glad reading that people are still interested in Telemetry!

How do you envision leading a project you never contributed to? I'm
wondering how someone can do that in practice.
Or do you see that just role being a straw-man job to avoid the project
for being tagged as abandoned?

Cheers,
--
Julien Danjou