[tc] [ptl] [qa] [infra] [nova] [cinder] [designate] [trove] [zaqar] [freezer] [networking-midonet] Migrating legacy jobs to Bionic (Ubuntu LTS 18.04)

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Fri Mar 15 16:25:10 UTC 2019

> > *FAILING PROJECTS: NEED ACTION*
> > nova  - testing with tls-proxy disable - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/639017/
> > cinder - https://bugs.launchpad.net/cinder/+bug/1819819
> > designate -  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/642319/
> > trove -https://review.openstack.org/#/c/642329/
> > zaqar - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/642349/
> > networking-midonet - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/639990/
>
> is there an option to keep xenial jobs?
> midonet (the backend networking-midonet talks to) doesn't support bionic yet.
> https://midonet.atlassian.net/browse/MNA-1344

You may need to add the following line to the impacted networking-midonet jobs:

    nodeset: ubuntu-xenial

There is an example of this being done here:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/643375/

This should probably be considered a short term workaround though. I'm curious
how this is going to be for end users if the package is not available on newer
distros.