[nova][stable] Thoughts about backporting fix for bug 1378904?

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 18:15:45 UTC 2019

Andrey fixed a bug [1] that we've talked about fixing forever which is
to disallow AZ renames while the AZ has instances in it. This is a
change in API behavior but it's really a "don't let admins shoot
themselves in the foot" kind of thing. As such, it didn't have a
microversion because users should not have to opt out of broken
behavior, but I'm a bit hesitant about backporting the fix [2]. It has a
release note so there would be some warning, but what do others think
about backporting this?

[1] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1378904
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/641351/

Matt