[edge][nova][neutron][ironic][cinder][tripleo] Tagging edge related work items

Ildiko Vancsa ildiko.vancsa at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 21:37:50 UTC 2019

> On 2019. Mar 6., at 15:22, James Slagle <james.slagle at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Mar 6, 2019 at 4:42 AM Ildiko Vancsa <ildiko.vancsa at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> As edge computing related topics and work items are hot topic on both architecture level as well as on the design and implementation side it would be great to be able to see the big picture better to be able to follow activities and connect the dots. I’m reaching out to you to get some feedback and discussions around ideas to get closer to this desire.
>>
>> It came up on the Edge WG meetings earlier that it would be desirable to track ongoing feature development and bug fixing activities that are relevant to edge. In order to create the least overhead and try to keep things simple and somewhat automated we had the idea of tagging relevant work items in StoryBoard and Launchpad and we can also do the same with spec reviews in case we feel that the tracking tools don’t give full coverage on ongoing activities. We could use a simple tag like ‘edge’ or come up with more meaningful ones if we feel the need.
>>
>> The goal for this first step is to be able to filter in the already existing tools to find work items easier.
>>
>> What do you think about the above idea as a starting point? Do you think it is feasible or do you have any suggestions to either tweak it or coming up something else that might work better?
>
> I think this is a great idea.
>
> I'd be willing to make sure the TripleO work is tagged appropriately,
> regardless of what method we come up with. The Edge squad within
> TripleO has been using Launchpad, but I'd be open to moving that work
> to Storyboard if it makes it more consistent with other Edge efforts.
> Different squads within TripleO have used Storyboard on and off in the
> past, so that option is open to us.

Thanks for the support!

I would like to avoid to move teams from one tool to the other or track edge related work items completely separate from the rest of the work the team is doing which is why I was thinking of using tags that would make it easier to filter.

We have a Storyboard project setup for the Edge WG which we can use, however I would rather add query links to relevant items there or pointers to a bug or task.

Is the Edge squad in TripleO using any differentiator/tag currently?

Thanks,
Ildikó