[all][ptl][tc] Missing PTL nominations for 31 more teams

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Mar 11 19:34:31 UTC 2019

On 2019-03-11 15:28:29 -0400 (-0400), Anita Kuno wrote:
[...]
> > https://governance.openstack.org/resolutions/20141128-elections-process-for-leaderless-programs.html
>
> A reminder that when I wrote this it was and is meant to allow the TC the
> power to appoint. It does not require the TC to appoint. Whenever this
> resolution gets discussed that important distinction sometimes gets missed.
[...]

When it's been exercised, the appointment is typically the TC asking
the team/community whether there are any obvious volunteers. I can't
think of any so far where there's been more than one volunteer for
the same seat, but in such cases the TC would still appoint someone
even if the method of deciding who to appoint is that they hold a
special election and then "appoint" the winner of that election to
the office.
--
Jeremy Stanley