[tripleo] Nova HWMachineType settings

Wesley Hayutin whayutin at redhat.com
Mon Mar 11 19:26:03 UTC 2019

Greetings,

As we started to bootstrap f28 standalone jobs we noticed basic tempest
tests were failing because the libvirt on f28 did not support the default
"x86_64=pc-i440fx-rhel7.6.0" [5]

Kashyap recommend switch to q35 [1].
So we can change to q35 maybe globally in puppet [2] if Juan, Alex and
Emilien approve.

Alternatively we can isolate the deployment in question w/ [3],[4]
I should restart this thread in openstack-dev[tripleo] for greater
transparency.

Thanks

Any comments on how to proceed?  We need to enable f28 jobs in the next few
days, so [2] may need to be the short term answer until we get feedback.

[1]
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_enterprise_linux/8-beta/html/configuring_and_managing_virtualization/feature-support-and-limitations-in-rhel8-virtualization_configuring-and-managing-virtualization
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/642443/
[3] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/642517/  switch to "pc"
[4] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/642547   switch to "q35"
[5]