[openstack-ansible] dropping suse support

Dirk Müller dirk at dmllr.de
Mon Mar 11 13:12:17 UTC 2019

Hi Mohammed,

Am Fr., 8. März 2019 um 17:37 Uhr schrieb Mohammed Naser <mnaser at vexxhost.com>:

> ever.  It's really painful to have to reach this state, but I think
> we've hit a point where we can no longer maintain support for SUSE
> within OpenStack Ansible.

What were the previous occurences of this? I do remember that
occassional IRC ping, but
not a lot of activity about broken openSUSE builds.

I would like to take different action here: Leap 42.3 support should
indeed be moved to non-voting
or removed completely, because the operating system is nearing end of life.

We should be able to keep Leap 15 (15.0 currently, 15.1 when it is
released) up and voting though with
some initial fix up. it seems most of them are failing with:

fatal: [localhost]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "checksum":
"6935ee3309d2c7b0f659e7f4ac81fa6a72569ac5", "msg": "Destination
directory /var/lib/machines/opensuse-15.0-amd64/opt does not exist"}

which is probably some image generation/caching logic that needs to be
fixed. any idea where that is coming from and why
it works for other distributions?

TIA,
Dirk