Migrating git repos to OpenDev

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Sun Mar 10 17:03:27 UTC 2019

On 2019-03-10 11:52:33 -0400 (-0400), David Moreau Simard wrote:
> ARA is an "unofficial" OpenStack project that would be part of this
> move and I would appreciate if ARA could remain on GitHub where the
> Ansible community is.
[...]
> Is there a way to make this work ?
[...]

The idea is that you could run a Zuul job in the "post" pipeline
which pushes the branch tip to a repository in a GitHub (or
Bitbucket or whatever) remote URL of your choice. The job could
include credentials for a service account you create with push
rights for that remote. While the playbook containing the Zuul
secret would need to be in your repository, the fundamental role to
perform the git push is probably a good candidate for including in
Zuul's standard library. You'd probably also want it to run in the
"tag" pipeline to push a copy of any tag which triggers it.

This ought to be a fairly trivial job and could be set up in advance
of any changes in Gerrit. Are you perhaps interested in prototyping
something along these lines? I expect it would be very useful.
--
Jeremy Stanley