[openstack-ansible] dropping suse support

Markos Chandras mchandras at suse.de
Fri Mar 8 16:51:51 UTC 2019

Hello,

On 08/03/2019 16:36, Mohammed Naser wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> [...]
> With that, I propose that we drop SUSE support this cycle.  If anyone
> would like to volunteer to maintain it, we can review that option, but
> that would require a serious commitment as we've had maintainers step
> off and it hurts the velocity of the project as no one can merge code
> anymore.

Yes, I apologize for that but I have changed roles within SUSE so it
became very difficult for me to maintain it myself.

However, I would suggest to keep it for this cycle (as we are almost
done with it) hoping that someone else will be able to take care of that
during the stabilization period.

I would even suggest to move the jobs to the experimental on the next
cycle if nobody steps up because removing (and possibly adding back in
the future) the support in the AIO and all the roles will be just too
much work for anyone to pick it up.

Would it be a huge problem to have it as experimental-only instead of
dropping it completely?

--
markos

SUSE LINUX GmbH | GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton
HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg) Maxfeldstr. 5, D-90409, Nürnberg