[goals][upgrade-checkers] Week R-5 Update

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 21:32:11 UTC 2019

We are less than 24 hours from feature freeze for Stein. Compared to the
last update for R-9 [1] nothing has really changed as far as open
reviews [2].

cloudkitty, aodh and ceilometer still have changes ready to go for the
base framework (the cloudkitty one does an actual check, not a placeholder).

There is also a +2 on the horizon change [3]. I don't know if that is
too high risk at this point to merge or not.

At this point I'm happy to just say the goal is complete since the vast
majority of service projects in OpenStack at least implemented the base
framework patch so they can start adding real upgrade checks. For the
other projects that don't yet, if they are just adding the framework
anyway, they could do that in Train.

[1]
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2019-February/002541.html
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:upgrade-checkers+status:open