[ptl] [Cyborg] [election] Sundar Nadathur's candidacy for Cyborg PTL

Nadathur, Sundar sundar.nadathur at intel.com
Wed Mar 6 15:05:52 UTC 2019

Hello Stackers,
   I'd like to announce my candidacy for PTL role of Cyborg for the
Train cycle.

   Cyborg got to a rolling start in 2018 led by Howard (Zhipeng) Huang.
   Under his leadership, we established the basic infrastructure for
   sustained growth, resulting in our official release in Rocky. During the
   Stein release, with Li Liu as the PTL, we have made substantial progress,
   particularly in defining a clean database schema and device model that
   will form the basis for future work. In both cycles, we had several
   illuminating discussions with Nova developers to define how Cyborg would
   interact with Nova.

   As we move forward, there is considerable potential in Cyborg, as
   evidenced by the interest shown by cloud/telco operators around the
   world. To realize this potential and deliver real-world use cases, here's
   what we'll aim to accomplish in the Train cycle:

   * Complete the integration with Nova, so that we can launch VMs with
     accelerators attached to them.
   * Enable consumption of accelerators either as raw devices or as
offloaded
     functions.
   * Support a variety of devices, by enabling Cyborg drivers for them.
   * Lay the groundwork for features, such as performance monitoring and
     health monitoring, to enable usage in production.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Sundar Nadathur