[neutron] Migrating legacy jobs to Bionic (Ubuntu LTS 18.04)

Slawomir Kaplonski skaplons at redhat.com
Tue Mar 5 10:42:53 UTC 2019

Hi,

I recently did such DNM patches for Neutron and Neutron stadium projects. List of patches available on [1].
There is couple of bugs related to this switch reported:

* Neutron: https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1818632
* Networking-ovn:  https://bugs.launchpad.net/networking-ovn/+bug/1818626
* Networking-bagpipe: https://bugs.launchpad.net/networking-bagpipe/+bug/1818624
* Neutron-dynamic-routing: https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1818628

For other projects it looks for me that it’s good (or at least it’s not getting to be worst with Bionic :)) but if You are more familiar with some of stadium projects, please take a look at those patches and jobs’ results. Maybe You will find something what I missed.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:legacy-job-bionic+status:open+owner:%22Slawek+Kaplonski+%253Cskaplons%2540redhat.com%253E%22

> Wiadomość napisana przez Ghanshyam Mann <gmann at ghanshyammann.com> w dniu 25.02.2019, o godz. 16:05:
>
> Hi Everyone,
>
> During Dec/Jan month, we have migrated the devstack jobs (zuulv3 native jobs) from Xenial to Bionic. [1].
>
> But that did not move all gate job to Bionic as there are a large number of jobs are still the legacy job. All the legacy job still use Xenial as nodeset.
> As per the decided runtime for Stein, we need to test everything on OpenStack CI/CD on Bionic - https://governance.openstack.org/tc/reference/runtimes/stein.html
> This is something we discussed TC meeting as one of the Stein items to finish in openstack community[2].
>
> I am starting this ML thread to coordinate the work to move all the legacy jobs to Bionic. I have created the
> Etherpad to include more details and  status check for each project gate- https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/legacy-job-bionic
>
> The approach is the same as we did for previous migration for devstack jobs.
> 1. Push patch which migrates the legacy base jobs to bionic - 1. https://review.openstack.org/#/c/639096/
> 2. Each Project team, add the testing patch with Depends-on on base patch (example 639096) and confirm the status
>     of their gate on etherpad - Example: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/639017
> 3. Project jobs not using base job as parent, need to migrate their legacy job to bionic by own.
>
> Please add yourself as your project volunteer in etherpad and update the status accordingly. I am tagging [ptl] in this thread so that they can assign
> someone from their team if no volunteer.
>
> Deadline: 1st April to merge the base legacy job to bionic.  That gives around 1 month to test the jobs which I feel enough for each project.
> let me know if more time is needed, we can adjust the same. The goal is to finish this activity before Stein release.
>

> [1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2018-December/000837.html
>       https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/devstack-bionic
>
> [2] http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/tc/2019/tc.2019-02-07-14.00.html
>

> -gmann