[docs] Implementation of the api-ref consolidation under doc/source/

Graham Hayes gr at ham.ie
Mon Mar 4 14:29:33 UTC 2019

On 04/03/2019 14:13, Alexandra Settle wrote:
> This conversation went a little stale, much like the first time we
> attempted to chat about this.
>
> Starting from the top: Is this something we need to consider for the
> next release? It sounds like we have a lot of different thoughts, and it
> might be worth scrapping from the previous releases' goals.

Personally, I don't think moving api-ref is worth the effort.

There is a lot of tools that assume the location[1][2], and building it
as one tree would require a lot of work.

We should differentiate between python API documentation (should be
in doc/source) and HTTP API documentation (in api-ref/)

Thanks,

Graham

1 -
https://github.com/openstack/openstackdocstheme/blob/master/openstackdocstheme/theme/openstackdocs/sidebartoc_menu_apiref.html