[nova] NUMA live migration - mostly how it's tested

Sean Mooney smooney at redhat.com
Fri Mar 1 17:19:04 UTC 2019

On Fri, 2019-03-01 at 09:58 -0600, Matt Riedemann wrote:
> On 3/1/2019 9:44 AM, Artom Lifshitz wrote:
> > Applying the same strategy to functional tests isn't straightforward
> > because the CONF object is very very global, and we can't have
> > different config values for different services in the same test. One
> > basic functional test we could have is just asserting that the live
> > migration is refused if both hosts are "full" with instances -
> > something that currently works just fine, except for resulting in
> > overlapping pin mappings.
>
> Can you run the different compute services with different fakelibvirt
> connections which report different pins? Seems Stephen and gibi have
> done some wizardry like that in the libvirt functional tests.
ya i remeber stephen doing somting like that in the past

if both compute nodes had non over lapping cpus in the vcpu_pin_set
you could get a similar result by booting just one vm and migrating
as it would have to update teh pinnign anyway.

i know there have been limitations in the past around using different cofnigs in the
fucntional test but i tought we figured out a way to do it.