[security][barbican][manila] hiding back end and service user credentials

Juan Antonio Osorio Robles jaosorior at redhat.com
Fri Mar 1 16:25:02 UTC 2019

Hey,

So, this is not something that Barbican can directly help with, given
that it needs keystone for authentication. So, if you want to protect
the keystone user/password; you get into a chicken and egg problem then.

That being said, there is work being done to address this issue.

Moises Guimaraes has been working to enable oslo.config to read the
configuration values via drivers; and one of those drivers is castellan
(which allows you to use something like Vault to store secrets).

I'm sure he'll be able to provide you more details if needed.

The next step is to integrate this work to the deployment engines.

Best regards