[nova] Updates about Detaching/Attaching root volumes

Zhenyu Zheng zhengzhenyulixi at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 01:54:45 UTC 2019

Thanks alot for all the suggestions, so as a summary:
1. do not wipe out the tag when detach
2. free the limit on do not allow attach volume with tag for
shelved_offloaded instance if it is a root volume(we can check whether
``is_root`` is True)
    2a. if user does not provide any tag, we keep the old tag
    2b. if user provide a new tag, we update the new tag
    2c. provide a way for user to indicate that I want to null out the
previous tag

is my understanding correct?

BR,