[cinder] Deprecating driver versions

Arkady.Kanevsky at dell.com Arkady.Kanevsky at dell.com
Fri Jun 28 19:57:47 UTC 2019

What driver versions are we discussing?
If I look at reference [1]  https://releases.openstack.org/teams/cinder.html it does not list any driver.
But does have versions of componenets of cinder.
Usually people refer to https://docs.openstack.org/cinder/latest/reference/support-matrix.html for drivers.

Driver versions and useful.
I many case the driver version corresponds to storage backend version which makes it easier for correlate which driver needed (and version of OpenStack) for specific  function support.

Each driver has a maintainer and it is maintainer responsibility to handle visioning.  Expect that any driver change must get +2 from driver maintainer.

 Agree with Gorka than some process documentation will be helpful
Thanks,
Arkady