[nova] Strict isolation of group of hosts for image

Eric Fried openstack at fried.cc
Wed Jun 26 16:34:51 UTC 2019

Hi Vrushali-

> 'CUSTOM_RESOURCE_CLASS',  it's getting removed when the compute service
> periodic task updates the inventory.

Yup. The virt driver is the source of truth for the compute node's
inventory. You can't (yet [1]) add or change inventories except by
modifying the actual code (the compute driver's update_provider_tree
method ([2] for libvirt)).

> Here we are trying to Test granular resource request.

I'm curious why you care about this aspect.

Perhaps there's a way to do this "natively" with VGPU or bandwidth...

efried

[1] https://review.opendev.org/612497
[2]
https://opendev.org/openstack/nova/src/commit/707deb158996d540111c23afd8c916ea1c18906a/nova/virt/libvirt/driver.py#L6693