[Nova][Ironic] Reset Configurations in Baremetals Post Provisioning

Kumari, Madhuri madhuri.kumari at intel.com
Wed Jun 26 11:19:49 UTC 2019

Hi Mark,

Mark and I had discussion about this yesterday[1]. A possible way to fix this issue is by restricting deploy_steps from specific interface such as allow bios but restrict raid.
However there could be some deploy_steps with bios interface which we might not want to allow during a resize. I don't have an example now. So I think it's better to restrict individual deploy_steps rather than a driver type.

[1] http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-ironic/%23openstack-ironic.2019-06-25.log.html#t2019-06-25T08:32:30

Regards,
Madhuri