[all] [ptls] [tc] [nova] [neutron] [tripleo] Volunteers that know TeX for PDF community goal

Luigi Toscano ltoscano at redhat.com
Tue Jun 25 14:10:45 UTC 2019

On Tuesday, 25 June 2019 15:17:50 CEST Doug Hellmann wrote:
> Michael Johnson <johnsomor at gmail.com> writes:
> > I gave this a quick run on Octavia. I did get it to output a PDF with
> > our svg included.
> >
> > I see a few issues right away (beyond the screens and screens of
> > warnings).
> >
> > How do we want to collect this feedback?  Storyboard stories with a tag?
> >
> > 1. I needed to add the following bindeps:
> > librsvg2-bin [doc platform:dpkg]
> > fonts-freefont-otf [doc platform:dpkg]
>
> We should add those globally in the job definition, and optionally in
> the project bindep file.
>
> > 2. Relative links come through to the PDF but are broken.
>
> Can you give an example of a link that didn't work? I suspect this has
> to do with using HTML links instead of :ref: or :doc: links that Sphinx
> knows how to resolve.

I think I've seen this issue while testing the generation locally for Sahara:

LaTeX Warning: Hyper reference `user/hadoop-swift::doc' on page 6 undefined on
input line 368.
(and many others similar warnings)

The example above comes from https://opendev.org/openstack/sahara/src/branch/
master/doc/source/intro/overview.rst

To get more information on how to enable swift support see
:doc:`../user/hadoop-swift`.

The generate document does not contain any hyperlink, but the replaced text is
correct.

--
Luigi