[cinder] ceph multiattach details?

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 18:44:35 UTC 2019

On 5/28/2019 8:33 AM, Sean McGinnis wrote:
> Multiattach support has indeed been enabled for RBD as of the Stein release.
> Though there are the known caveats that you point out.
>
> I thought there was a pending patch to add some details on this to to the RBD
> driver configuration reference, but I am not finding anything at the moment.
>
> I don't have all the details on that myself, but hopefully one of the RBD
> driver maintainers can chime in here with better details.

Note that the devstack-plugin-ceph repo also enabled multiattach testing
after it was enabled for the rbd volume driver in cinder [1]. So it
should be getting tested in the ceph job as well upstream.

[1]
https://github.com/openstack/devstack-plugin-ceph/commit/b69c941d5ccafb7024027bfef4792014c9799c53#diff-7415f5ff7beee2cdf9ffe31e12e4c086

Matt