[neutron] [nova] CI issue

Sean Mooney smooney at redhat.com
Mon Jun 24 11:22:38 UTC 2019

On Mon, 2019-06-24 at 10:01 +0200, Slawomir Kaplonski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It looks for me that it is caused by change in Nova [1]
>
> I proposed revert of this patch [2] and DNM patch in neutron to check if that will really help: [3]
>
> [1] https://review.opendev.org/#/c/644881/
> [2] https://review.opendev.org/#/c/667035/
> [3] https://review.opendev.org/#/c/667036/
i am pretty sure i know the reason that this is failing.
path 1 does not have special case handeling for same host resize where
we do not receive events form neutron at all. that patch was previously tested with only
a multinode setup where without that patch we race and normally fail to start waiting for vif-plugged
events form neutorn before we recive them cause the revert to fail.
we could do a revert but i would prefer to instead add a follow up patch to adress the same host case.