[kolla][octavia][openstack-ansible][tripleo] octavia in kolla ansible

Mark Goddard mark at stackhpc.com
Thu Jun 20 13:51:48 UTC 2019

Hi,

In the recent kolla meeting [1] we discussed the usability of octavia
in kolla ansible. We had feedback at the Denver summit [2] that this
service is difficult to deploy and requires a number of manual steps.
Certificates are one of the main headaches. It was stated that OSA [3]
may have some useful code we could look into.

As a starting point to improving this support, I'd like to gather
information from people who are using octavia in kolla ansible, and
what they have had to do to make it work. Please respond to this
email.

I've also tagged openstack-ansible and Tripleo - if there is any
useful information those teams have to share about this topic, it is
most welcome. Alternatively if your support for octavia also falls
short perhaps we could collaborate on improvements.

Thanks,
Mark

[1] http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/kolla/2019/kolla.2019-06-19-15.00.log.html#l-86
[2] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/DEN-train-kolla-feedback