[nova][tempest] Should we make image certificate validation a configurable feature?

Lee Yarwood lyarwood at redhat.com
Tue Jun 18 08:16:13 UTC 2019

Hello all,

$subject, this came up downstream after we noticed failures due to a
race within the ServerShowV263Test test that I've documented in the
following upstream bug:

tempest.api.compute.servers.test_servers.ServerShowV263Test only passing
when image has already been cached
https://bugs.launchpad.net/tempest/+bug/1831866

As the test itself is pretty useless without valid certs, signed images
etc I'd like to make the overall feature optional within Tempest and
wire up some additional configurables for anyone looking to actually
test this correctly. I've received some feedback in the review but this
has stalled so I wanted to see if I could get things moving again by
posting to the ML.

Thanks in advance,

--
Lee Yarwood                 A5D1 9385 88CB 7E5F BE64  6618 BCA6 6E33 F672 2D76