[nova] Strict isolation of group of hosts for image and flavor, modifying command 'nova-manage placement sync_aggregates'

Eric Fried openstack at fried.cc
Thu Jun 13 18:36:04 UTC 2019

We discussed this in the nova meeting today [1] with a little spillover
in the -nova channel afterward [2].

The consensus was: Don't muck with resource provider traits at all
during aggregate operations. The operator must do that bit manually. As
a stretch goal, we can write a simple utility to help with this.

This was discussed as option (e) earlier in this thread.

The spec needs to get updated accordingly.

Thanks,
efried

[1]
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/nova/2019/nova.2019-06-13-14.00.log.html#l-267