[nova][ops] What should the compute service delete behavior be wrt resource providers with allocations?

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Thu Jun 13 17:49:14 UTC 2019

On Thu, 13 Jun 2019, Matt Riedemann wrote:

> On 6/13/2019 4:04 AM, Chris Dent wrote:
>> If/when we're modelling shared disk as a shared resource provider
>> does this get any more complicated? Does the part of an allocation
>> that is DISK_GB need special handling.
>
> Nova doesn't create nor manage shared resource providers today, so deleting
> the compute service and its related compute node(s) and their related
> resource provider(s) shouldn't have anything to do with a shared resource
> provider.

Yeah, "today". That's why I said "If/when". If we do start doing
that, does that make things more complicated in a way we may wish to
think about _now_ while we're designing today's solution?

I'd like to think that we can just ignore it for now and adapt as
things change in the future, but we're all familiar with the way
that everything is way more connected and twisted up in a scary
hairy ball in nova than we'd all like.

freenode: cdent