[kolla] Feedback request: removing kolla-cli

Mark Goddard mark at stackhpc.com
Wed Jun 5 09:10:59 UTC 2019

Hi,

We discussed during the kolla virtual PTG [1] the option of removing
support for the kolla-cli deliverable [2], as a way to improve the
long term sustainability of the project. kolla-cli was a project
started by Oracle, and accepted as a kolla deliverable. While it looks
interesting and potentially useful, it never gained much traction (as
far as I'm aware) and the maintainers left the community. We have
never released it and CI has been failing for some time.

We propose dropping support for kolla-cli in the Train cycle. If this
will affect you and you would like to help maintain it, please get in
touch.

Thanks,
Mark

[1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/kolla-train-ptg