[ops][keystone] Does anyone use external auth?

Colleen Murphy colleen at gazlene.net
Tue Jul 30 21:00:09 UTC 2019

On Tue, Jul 30, 2019, at 13:45, Fox, Kevin M wrote:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BSnhRZ8nhs mentions they use
> mod_auth_oidc. Not sure that is still true. But may want to reach out
> to them.

The video shows that they're using federated authentication, which provides them with the ability to create a rich attribute mapping and connect their OpenIDC IdP to keystone while still using the auth module in front of keystone. The 'external' auth method only provides a subset of that functionality, which is simply the ability to accept the auth module's parameters as a valid authentication.

Colleen