[cinder][ceph][RBD mirroring] Error while creating a mirrored volume

Ajitha Robert ajitharobert01 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 07:14:47 UTC 2019

Hi all

Following picture shows my setup
[image: image.png]

I m facing following error when i issue a command to  enable rbd mirroring
on a particular image either manually or through cinder.

*"rbd::mirror::InstanceWatcher: C_NotifyInstanceRequest: 0x7fb364025310
finish: resending after timeout"* in rbd-mirroring.log

and getting  *"failed to get omap key:
client_0921b3ce-716a-4462-b3cf-86b5102bfd9"* error in osd.log.

. Should I enable anything else apart from timeout parametes, if the
distance between the two ceph clusters is greater than 300km?

when I create a bootable volume of 100 GB with a glance image.Image get
downloaded and from cinder, volume log throws with "volume is busy deleting
volume that has snapshot" . Image was enabled with exclusive lock,
journaling, layering, object-map, fast-diff and deep-flatten
Cinder volume is in error state but the rbd image is created in primary but
not in secondary.

pls check the logs

1)Log for manual rbd image creation

http://paste.openstack.org/show/754766/

2)Log for 16gb volume created from cinder, status in cinder volume is
available

http://paste.openstack.org/show/754767/

3)Log for 100gb volume created from cinder, status in cinder volume is error

http://paste.openstack.org/show/754769/

--

*Regards,Ajitha R*