[all] [tc] General questions on PDF community goal

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 11:29:51 UTC 2019

Hi,

I have a couple of general questions on PDF community goal.

What is the criteria of completing the PDF community goal?
Is it okay if we publish a PDF deliverable anyway?

During working on it, I hit the following questions.
We already reached Train-2 milestone, so I think it is the time to clarify
the detail criteria of completing the community goal.

- Where should the generated PDF file to be located and What is the
recommended PDF file name?
  <top directory>/<repository-name>.pdf? index.pdf? Any path and any
file is okay?
- Do we create a link to the PDF file from index.html (per-project top page)?
  If needed, perhaps this would be a thing covered by openstackdocstheme.
  Otherwise, how can normal consumers know PDF documents?

- Which repositories need to provide PDF version of documents?
  My understanding (amotoki) is that repositories with
'publish-openstack-docs-pti' should publish PDF doc. right?
- Do we need PDF version of release notes?
- Do we need PDF version of API reference?

I see no coordination efforts recently and am afraid that individual
projects cannot decide whether patches to their repositories are okay
to merge.

Thanks,
Akihiro Motoki (irc: amotoki)