[ops][glance][nova] scheduling problem because of ImagePropertiesFilter

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 14:34:01 UTC 2019

On 7/24/2019 1:37 AM, Massimo Sgaravatto wrote:

> Melanie: I think this is indeed the problem !
>
> But then, if I am not wrong, the note in:
>
> https://docs.openstack.org/nova/rocky/admin/configuration/schedulers.html
>
> <verbatim>
>   Note
>
> qemu is used for both QEMU and KVM hypervisor types.
> </verbatim>
>
> should be removed.
> I can open a bug if you agree ...
>
> And maybe this is something worth to be mentioned in the release notes ?
>
> Thanks again for your help !
>
> Cheers, Massimo

Massimo - just to confirm, your [libvirt]/virt_type is "kvm" rather than
"qemu" correct? If so, then yeah what Melanie found is the problem and
was regression in behavior for the ImagePropertiesFilter in Rocky and
there should be a fix to the docs and likely a release note - though the
release note is tricky since the regression was introduced in Rocky.

Matt